Attendance and Punctuality
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We will work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
- Academy doors open each day at 8.45am.
- Anyone arriving after 8.55am must bring their child to the office to sign in late
- Children arriving late after 9.30am (after register closes) will receive an unauthorised absence for the morning.
- Parent/carer MUST telephone school before 9.30am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg: chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.30am on each day of illness results in unauthorised absence. 5 days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service which, in classes Reception – Year 6 could result in a fine.
- Anyone wishing to take their child out during school term time MUST complete a leave of absence request form (from the office or website). Unauthorised absence can result in a fine.
- From September 1st 2013 new regulations come into force and headteachers will not be able to grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All children are working towards achieving their 100% attendance certificate (1 per term, 3 a year).
- We reward our children for good attendance and class attendance is reported in the fortnightly Newsletter.
- Each term there is an 'In it to Win it' prize and to qualify a child has to be in school for the whole week and not be late. For every week that a child achieves this they get one entry into the draw - so if they have 12 weeks with 100% attendance and no lates they have 12 tickets in the draw!
Pupils are required to attend school for 190 days each year
Our whole school target for attendance is 96.2% although of course we aim for 100!
How absence builds up
|Final Attendance for the year||Equal to days absent||Equal to weeks absent|
|95%||9 days||2 weeks|
|90%||19 days||4 weeks|
|85%||29 days||6 weeks|
|80%||38 days||8 weeks|
|75%||48 days||10 weeks|
|70%||57 days||11.5 weeks|
|65%||67 days||13.5 weeks|