Our pupils take pride in wearing their Academy badge on their uniform and are proud that their uniform demonstrates that they are part of the Oasis Community family. For our uniform provider Mapac please click Here . For second-hand uniform from our online shop Uniform please click here.
We take pride in each and every one of our pupils at the academy, and know that they are equally proud to be wearing their academy badge on their uniforms. Please read this guidance, alongside the Oasis National Uniform Policy - which outlines responsibilities held by the academy, parents/carers and students. You can also access this policy through our Policies page.
Why do we have a uniform? We recognise the value of having academy uniforms for the following reasons:
- Inclusion – uniforms promote our belief of inclusion for all
- A sense of belonging – the uniform promotes a sense of belonging in each student, academy and the Trust
- Safety – if all the students in our Trust wear a clearly recognisable, correctly branded uniform it is easy to identify strangers in the academy. On the way to and from the academy it also affords a degree of safety as the students are part of a large body of young people who will look out for each other
- Preparation for the future – many jobs require staff to wear a uniform and even if there isn’t a uniform there is often a dress code. Uniform helps young people get used to dressing to a prescribed standard. It also helps them know the difference between formal and informal dress
- Value for money – good quality uniform should be seen as effective value for money by most parents / carers
- Relieves students from fashion ‘stress’ – a localised academy uniform eliminates the stress placed on students to purchase and wear expensive,
- A sense of pride – we all feel proud of our young people when they are well dressed in the uniform. Uniform and PE/sport kits also help students to demonstrate pride in their academy
- Helps raise aspirations – the smarter you feel the more you believe you can achieve
You can purchase basic items of uniform from Tesco's in Purley, Sainsburys on Purley Way or Asda Superstore on Marlowe Way. Please note that branded items with the school badge are only available from Mapac: please click here
We also now have an online second-hand uniform shop: Uniformd please Click here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to the academy.
|White polo shirt (Academy logo optional)||Yes||No|
|Blue sweatshirt or cardigan (with Academy logo)||Yes||Yes - not required in summer|
|Grey shorts, trousers or skirts||Yes||No|
|Black or white socks||Yes||No|
|Smart black shoes||Yes||No|
|Red and white gingham dresses||No||Yes - appropriate for summer|
If smart shoes are unable to be purchased, due to their cost, only plain black trainers, without logos or branding, may be worn in the Academy.
Pupils come into school in their PE kits on their scheduled PE days. The following should be worn
|White round-necked t-shirt for PE (Academy logo optional)||Yes||No|
|Blue PE shorts||Yes||No|
|Black Trainers or Plimsolls||Yes||No|
|Black or Navy blue plain tracksuit bottoms||Yes||Yes - for winter months|
Jewellery is not permitted, except for children with pierced ears, who may wear studs on days when they do not have swimming or PE. Stud earrings must be removed for PE lessons.
If a child’s ears have very recently been pierced they may wear their studs provided that they are covered with tape by parents/carers, before they come to the Academy. Once the lesson is over they may remove the tape.
No dress will be allowed that covers any part of the face from forehead to neck in the interests of safety. It is vital that the academy staff can always recognise who is in the academy. Should parents/carers require their child to wear a specifically religious garment or symbol, they should contact the academy (i.e., the Principal) who, after consultation, will contact the parent/carer with a decision.
Supporting with cost of living
If you have any concerns about uniform pricing or availability of uniform please get in touch with our academy and we will do our best to support you. We have tried to make as little as our uniform branded as possible to support with costs.