Relationships and Sex Education
As part of your child's education at Oasis Academy Byron, we promote personal wellbeing and development through a comprehensive Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) education programme. A part of this programme is the teaching of Relationships and Sex Education (RSE).
Children will be taught RSE during the summer term. Parents will be consulted annually and will be invited to view the content of lessons their child(ren) will be taught beforehand.
The core elements of our RSE programme are: attitudes and values, personal and social skills and knowledge and Understanding.
We want your child to develop confidence, learn about decision making, share their ideas, understand and evaluate their own and the lifestyles of others and build a strong sense of respect for themselves and others. Our pupils will be encouraged to learn to make informed choices through active learning in groups, whilst building on the inclusive practices we have throughout the academy.
Frequently asked questions
- What are the governmental expectations of the school?
- What will you be teaching my child?
- Do you teach children about being LGBT+?
- What do you teach about body changes and puberty?
- Do you teach children about sex?
- Can I withdraw my child from RSE lessons?